Friday 23 October 2015

[New Alliances] The Female Element

As they entered the main hall the mansion was busy with the daily goings of merchants and traders as they passed through toward town, some would nod dutiful to Kane as he passed bow, a gentle bow to Aishani. The maids quickly swept through keeping things in order. 

Kane directed Aishani to the table as they sat they were soon joined by Hades and Aerian, for the moment they ate in silence, there were things to discuss of course but for the moment they could wait.

Aishani walked beside Kane while acknowledging those that provided as much to her in kind, she complimented Kane on the organization of the maids that floated around dealing with the individuals on placement.

Now settled at the dining table, she set herself near to Kane while remaining on her own side. She greeted Hades with a tip of her chin and a wink to Aerian, though, as food was provided, she methodically made a plate of various different fruits and sweet bun. But, Kane would discover that she did not touch the eggs or meat. When the silence lingered too long amidst the dine, Aishani's golden eye fixed on Kane then swept to the plates of the others. She dabbed at her mouth with the napkin, folding it with a set to the side, indicated that she was finished and ready to begin the discussion. A hand was upon Kane's knee beneath the table with her fingertips coyly and stealthily running against his hidden package.

Aerian threw Aishani a knowing smile before folding her hands on the table, her eyes remained on Aishani as she spoke.

“The portal was indeed opened from our side, a multiversal vortex that links anywhere it finds the fabric of reality thin enough. As far as I’ve been able to determine and this is by no means the whole truth, the Dragus are trying to find allies”

As the words came Kane visibly tensed at the group involved, his body becoming rigid.

“She’s right, as far as we can tell they are trying to find allies with magi power, enough” Hades didn’t get chance before Kane cut him off

“To bring back the Dragons, they are taking another run at the realm, do we know who is at the head?” Kane voice was cut with nerves far darker than he had been known to use before. “So Aishani and Ceremon?”

“Not part of the plan, so far as we can tell, at least we’re sure Aishani isn’t, but Ceremon and well, you can never be too sure, we’re still looking into it” Hades replied before draining his wine glass “If there’s a link we’ll find it, but I will gladly admit that I was wrong and you my dear brother were correct in your decision to protect her, she is innocent in all this chaos”

Aerian smiled as she eyed Aishani, before dismissing herself from the table “I would like a word alone Aishani, should you find the time” and with that she strode off down the hall toward her room.

Hades shrugged softly “She’s an odd one, but she did express he admiration of your combat skills, so it seems you will be stuck with us for the foreseeable future, of course I don’t doubt you’d be fine protecting yourself, I just suspect my brother wouldn’t be able to focus on protecting us, if you’re not by his side”

Aishani listened in silence, her investigative fingers to Kane's hidden gift lifted to only rest upon his thigh. To the tension that caused his body to grow rigid, she incited a soft pressure of strength. Her golden eye flashed to Hades, then to Aerian when the female requested conference alone.

"Regardless..." Her rolling purr parted her lips, while lifting her hand from Kane's thigh, leaving her presence in a haunt even beneath the denim. "I am not familiar with Ceremon, though, if he is cunning and strong, by a technical term. Z'ress goes after those stronger, then cuts them down at their weakest. She is after me because, I am weak in her eyes due to our society. The Drow have been pushed back as of recent due to their slave trade watchers of Faerun have been pushing back and rest assured that Z'ress is attempting new outlets for the Drow to have a place to call their own. So this is a double edged sword at play. A game of tag. But, her motivation would be myself, to any extent necessary, everything else is trivial."

She then glanced to Kane, then to Hades. "We all have our strengths, though, I do believe, he gives himself even less credit then you do. As I have understood, the Elysium are the protectors of the realm, that being said, if I was present or not, still such remains and would occur. I am no more innocent then the next, but, in this, I am merely trying to survive. Even the strongest know when to fight solo and when to seek assistance." Aishani rose leaning over to press her lips against Kane's. "I had many many years of training and lessons of survival. Excuse me, then. It seems your daughter wishes a word, I will leave you two to discuss. On my account, keep it civil, hmm?"

Aishani caressed Kane's cheek in the passing and patted Hades on the shoulder, leaving to search out Aerian in her room. Knocking on the door, waiting patiently.

Aerian slid open the door just a little before stepping back to allow Aishani in, her room was far more Spartan, only essentials and storage. The window was concealed with a thick curtains allowing only small amounts of light, the rest carried by the single lantern on a dresser by the bed. 

“I was unsure you’d come, considering …. Well I have already apologised enough, please forgive the cloak and dagger act, there is nothing untoward in all this, I just wanted to have you to myself” Her words came muddled the child in her lost behind the attempt at adulthood, while she was in the realms years older in terms of development she was indeed still quite young.

“It seems while a huge part of me is truly grateful Dad has found someone so unique, who matches him so well, it seems you …. Oh god” Aerian sighed sinking onto her bed falling back to lay looking to the canopy of the dark wood bed.

Aishani entered the room, her golden eye skimming the interior briefly to drink in the furnishings and taste. But glanced to Aerian as the woman moved to settle on the bed, tilting her head a slight, causing the dreads to shift on her shoulders to drape upon her bosom and down her back. "I have no reason not to come, when you request it of me, Aerian. Everyone can be selfish at times. It is only natural." She inclined a brow to the woman's actions and moved to settle on the foot corner of the bed, always observant.

Since Aerian was of Kane's blood, there was a part of her that spoke to Aerian in the faint scent of her mouth-watering aroma, while it was diluted but still present in the essence of Aishani's being. "I'm pleased to see that you feel grateful for your father. It seems...?"

“Yes, of course, I want both of my parents happy, but my mother is a more complex issue to figure so I avoid it, but Dad has been to hell, back and beyond he deserves some happiness” Slowly she sat turning to face Aishani drawing her knees to her chest.

“The problem isn’t with him, or even you really” Aerians mind reeled faster than her mouth could process, the scent of Aishani was indeed lingering in the back of her senses, less than her father as Aerian only had a small trace of Vampire within her “It’s good seeing him happy, when he has a reason to fight he is the man I remember, the one who’s stories are sung by bards in taverns, the hero of the realm. It’s been a long while since he has been that man, I think loosing Uncle Krys and Haunted hurt him worse than he will ever let us know. We will need that strength” 

She looked to the door quietly as she chewed her lip in thought, her mind still process the infinite amount of information that seemed to be laid out before her “Something big is coming, that much I’m sure of, you and Dad are seemingly the focus of it, that much we know. The problem is me” She looked for the door to Aishani then down to her knees “Not in the war but … no wonder folk say I shouldn’t talk a lot”

Aishani sat and listened to Aerian, her golden eye fixed on her while it was focused, attentive to the woman's words. Though when she finished speaking, Aishani rose to sit closer to Aerian folded into herself on the bed and placed a hand upon her knee. "Aerian, everyone has been to hell and back, it is different for all of us. No situation is ever felt the same from one person to the next. You must face the fact, there is a chance that he may never be the man that you once knew. Challenges. Choices and life events that are beyond our control change an individual. But, you desire the best of your father and his strength. It is his strength in himself that needs to be steady, only he can do that with support of family and friends. Oh, I agree with you on speaking of something is coming, my...well Z'ress, is capable of much in her cruel and calculative mind...combined with what I witnessed here in the hall of Ceremon, the combined forces will be difficult. But, I will not let things fall to the best of my abilities."

Aishani tilted her head then considered something. "Aerian, what is the reason you wished to speak with me? It is the two of us and I respect your own talents on the field...quite the marksmen, or women in this case."

“You came from Elvera right? It is no accident I ended up with the contract to collect and return you, not that I had any intent of returning you to my mother. I took the contract from the original hunter, he was a jackass anyways, and has never been too good with returning female bounties in a fit state to stand trial or such” Aerian kept her eyes down as she let her words come “

“I saw you, in the tavern of Elvera, I was going to follow and see where you ended up, but you had to run before I got a chance” Aerian looked up “But you ended up in my home anyway, the problem is you found my father and now my head is all messed up and I’m trying to put it to the back of mind and help with this but it’s hard to ignore something like that right?”

She turned to face Aerian, running her pink tongue across those plush berry stained lips. "Have you told your father or Uncle about the contract by Grimloshi, especially about talking to the skeletons at the bottom of the gorge? That goes for the two of us, being caught off guard." Aishani sat on the edge of Aerian's bed, placing a hand on hers. "I'm not sure that I understand, but, if I am guessing, you are struggling with the fact that you are attracted to me?"

“Uncle Hades knows, Alastair picked the wrong day to think an Elcarus girl would be an easy target, I planned to simply take the contract and send him on his way. He had other ideas and Uncle H … well he isn’t known for wasting time with threats.” Aerian shrugged softly “It’s probably for the best women will be better off all around with him gone, I doubt my father would lose sleep over it either”

She looked to her hand turning it as she laced her fingers through Aishani “As for your question, then yes that would be the simple explanation”

"Alastair, appears to think with his dick then his brain and uses force to make his intention know. There are many in this world, even my own of Faerun. Your Uncle is a wise man to utilize such." Aishani lowered her gaze to Aerian's fingers woven together within her own, inciting a simple squeeze. "I appreciate the flatter to capture a dashing and beautiful woman's attention. I have no means to lead you on, I know you have lost and in that lost are walking aimlessly through your life, looking to fill the void in the hole of your heart. I have seen it time and time again. But, I want you to understand, as much as I wish to remain forever, I cannot guarantee such given the situation and the dangers life given to us. I have finally understood what it means to love, thanks to your father. But, that also extends to you, Aerian. You are a part of him, as much as he is a part of you. Hades...well, I don't know him as I do you. You are young, beautiful and incredibly strong, even resilient. As I love Kane, I love you as well." Aishani caressed Aerian's cheek. "I know, this may not be that which, you desire to hear. I am here for you, Aerian. I don't pass judgment. If I am lucky, I may be around for a long time yet."

Aerian sat silent her eyes on their entwined fingers as the words floated through her head slowly. Each one processed with interest before she finally drew a deep breath “I know, you’re with my father, and in time I can come to terms with that fact, he always did have a way of finding the really good ones. I don’t expect of you Aishani except of course you don’t hurt my father, he … I don’t think he’d survive another loss, he is the strongest person I have ever known” She chewed her lip once more before drawing Aishanis hand to her cheek just for a moment “But I thought you should know if I act awkward or weird it’s not because I’m a temperamental teenager or bitter and angry like every in Dentarius would have you believe, but because …. Well because I really like you both as my father’s partner or lover or anything that may come but as yourself too”

Aishani watched Aerian with that golden eye, tilting her head a slight to the gesture that caused her hand to be lifted in a rest against Aerian's cheek, thumb caressing the cheekbone. She smiled to her, it was gentle and caring. "Aerian, I see much of your father in you. I will tell him, that which I will tell you. You are strong, I saw it the moment, I met you. Each has a strength in different things and ideals. Loss happens...it is a part of life, we either, rise and overcome or fall down a dark path of resentment and hatred. I saw a woman, that was struggling to overcome something, accept yourself for whom you are. I will be around, if you need to talk or need me to just calm you down. I will do what it is I can. You are not alone, always remember that. Your father loves you and wishes to be there for you, but, he has a hard time finding that path to you without fighting those vines that protect. You should let him in, might be surprised." Aishani lowered her hand still in Aerian's and leaned forward, pressing her plush lips against her cheek, leaning back with a squeeze on her hand and rising. "I better get out there, before your Uncle does something...or even your father to irritate the other."

“You should have been around when they were trying to kill each other, those were real fun times” Aerian quipped softly “He loves you, I can see it in everything about him, so when you guys get married I’m not calling you Mom” Aerian diverted her eyes quickly as she stretched her legs “it’d just be weird”

And with that she slid off the opposite side of the bed stretching her arms over her head slowly before turning, the confused young child now seemingly gone to be replaced with Aerian Elcarus, the one everybody believed was cold and uncaring.

Aishani chuckled to the returned antics of Aerian, but, now, she had insight to the young woman and accepted her for all that she was. She lifted her hand to open the door and to return to the dining hall, when nearing Kane would clearly catch that succulent scent that he was denied in her time away with Aerian.

No comments:

Post a Comment